Thursday, September 28, 2006

Les cadeaux

I haven’t posted recently because I've been in the middle of nowhere, in my village, trudging through the first few weeks of my actual service, in my actual site, and for the few days I've been in the regional city with internet, it doesn’t work. I'm leaving today, and it just started up again. Bastard.

Things are complicated and very different but fine. There aren't as many children here. I haven't been eaten. I'm supernaturally healthy, although I once again weigh about three pounds. I don't have time to type much of an entry, but maybe in two or three weeks when I return.

Requests:

Yellow legal pads of paper for writing. Not just one.

Staff paper (in a spiral bound notebook, preferably.) Tony, do you remember the kind I like?

Flash cards. Just the white index ones, with lines on one side, the other blank. Not the huge ones.

Sharpie markers. Both regular size, and the thin kind. Don't they make those?

Pencils (mechanical ones, unless you want to send a sharpener).

Pens Pens Pens. They have extremely short lives here- Pilot g2s, or other ones similar to that.

GOOD ziploc bags. Which is to say, actual Ziploc bags.

The individual servings of drink mixes. Lemonades (pink and otherwise) slay me.

Deodorant. (Old spice solids, are real troopers.)

Disposable razors.

LETTERS. What is wrong with you people? If you can't find time in your busy schedule to drop me a paper note, then send an email (coltonmackenzie@gmail.com)! If you haven't sent any yet, then shame on you. If I haven't gotten them because of the mail system, then - I love you, send more!

Mix tapes/CD's. I'm dying here with only two.

Spices for cooking. Save space by zip-loc bagging them, but cinnamon, basil, hot pepper flakes, cumin, Mrs. Dash-esque things, (they save time, though I feel they are below me), also seasoning mix packets like those for fajitas, chiles, lemon pepper chicken, and the like, which you see in big multicolored displays in the grocery aisles. You know the ones.

Again, these are only ideas intended for people who want to send things. I'm not begging, except about the letters.


Good will.

No comments: